Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Huevos Rancheros

I have been waiting for this meal for a long time...


That's a picture of the best huevos rancheros in the United States.  I'm sure of that.  I've tried many others, but none compare to those served at Tonny's (with two Ns) on Lake and Orange Grove in Pasadena.  Two over-easy eggs served on a tortilla, smothered in ranchero sauce, and served with a side of rice and beans.  Mmmm Mmmm good.  Add a cup of coffee, some hot tortillas on the side, and sprinkle with jalepenos and you've got yourself a breakfast that will stick with you until supper time.

My friend Andrew Wright joined me for this wonderful breakfast.  Andrew is studying for a Ph.D in Christian Ethics at Fuller.  He also spent some time in Mwanza Tanzania teaching a class on Just Peacemaking at a small bible college there.  Mwanza is on Lake Victoria in NW Tanzania and isn't too far from where will eventually go during our travels there.

Good food, good conversation, and good adventures yet to come.  God is Good.

No comments: